Sunday, October 11, 2009

" ARMS AND THE MAN " - G.B.S

As I was distracted by the TV show on right to arm or not , I was foreced to recall G.B.S -play : In That play , a person challenged the hero to a gun fight and selected a revolver for himself (was a sharp - shooter) and asked his opponent to select his own. The popnent selected a machine gun, as entitled. The Challenger ,shcked, asked why such choice and the challenged repllied ' I am not sure of my shooting skill '.
In U.S.A,there is a great debate on 'right to keep arms'. TO me , even if i was given two loaded guns and a killer had one un-loaded, I could not have decided in half an our if I should take this rare oportunity and even if I was trained. It depends a lot upon a person's mentality, genetic disposition and pattern of consciousness to be the 'first shooter'. So even I am armed with a gun , I am sure to be a 'dead man' on a senario against a man with 'killer instinct'.

So , I think, a gun man with a killer-instinct will have always a better and surer chance in case of a confrontation betwwen a killer and a gentleman with a loaded gun.

No comments: